Sunday, December 07, 2008

Biscuits!

It was a biscuits and gravy morning. Cold outside, toasty inside. My awesome husband put up the Christmas lights yesterday so we're feeling extra festive. Our neighborhood has lots of white lights - I was missing the colorful ones of my childhood, so Brian wrapped the columns in multis (after I put the ribbon on - yes, I'm pretty awesome myself) and it looks so cute!

I promised myself I wouldn't update my blog until our colds were gone. Well I was able to breathe through my nose last night, so I guess I've put it off long enough (almost 4 weeks!) Cameron picked up another virus last week, so he still sounds like he's talking underwater (and he can't hear a thing - it's kind of sad, kind of funny).

Well back to the biscuits...I tried a new recipe this morning and it was FABULOUS. I know biscuits are simple and a little old fashioned, but if you haven't made any in awhile, I recommend these (nothing extraordinary - just light and yummy without the weird aftertaste you usually get from biscuits)...

Sour Cream Drop Biscuits (from a Pillsbury cookbook)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shortening
2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup sour cream

Mix dry ingredients and then cut shortening in with fork or pastry blender. In a different bowl, blend milk and sour cream well. Add all at once to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (will be pretty wet). Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 450 for 10 to 12 minutes.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Can you post some pictures of your Christmas lights? I'd love to see how you've decorated. Those biscuits sound yummy. Thanks for the recipe!